Elbert County Leadership Program
LEAD ELBERT is an 8-Month leadership development program dedicated to growing and teaching our community leaders. This program will bring a diverse range of people together to learn more about themselves as well as their community. Participants will share ideas, experiences, and opinions with one another while gaining knowledge and skills in leadership. They will come up with plans and strategies for implementing community development in Elbert County. To be eligible to be part of the LEAD ELBERT program, you must be nominated.
Mission: Empower community members to live out their full potential by giving them the education, resources, and experiences necessary to be effective agents of positive change.
Vision: Nurture and sustain an inclusive community whose members collectively work together to create a desirable place to live.
- The LEAD ELBERT program will be a class that teaches not only leadership skills but also community awareness.
- The program will start off with a two-day retreat facilitated by the J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development.
- There will be six sessions in total.
- Each session will be one day long.
- At each session, you will have a morning tour, lunch, then a facilitated classroom time to discuss ideas, opinions, and experiences.
- After six sessions, there will be a graduation.
- The LEAD ELBERT Program is held Annually.
- Participants must be 18+
- Participants must live and/or work in Elbert County
- Participants of the program will be required to attend ALL 6 sessions. Each session is 1 day long. There will be 1 session each month.
- Participants must also attend the 2-day opening retreat.
The deadline for nominations is July 30, 2021.
After all nominations are sent in, we will contact nominees via their provided emails with a registration form to fill out.
Deadline to send in a registration form is August 13, 2021
There will be a total of 20 spots. Spots are first come first serve.
Fill out the nomination form below to nominate someone you think will be a perfect fit for LEAD ELBERT!
How to Support/Donate:
If you would like to sponsor or donate in any manner, please contact us and we will be happy to talk to you!
148 College. Ave. (Civic Center)
Open 8:00am to 4:00pm
LEAD ELBERT 2020 Timeline
July 30, 2021: Nomination Deadline
August 13, 2021: Registration Deadline
September 24th & 25th, 2021: Opening Retreat of LEAD ELBERT (Mandatory Attendance)
May 2022: LEAD ELBERT C/O 2020 Graduation Ceremony
Please do not hesitate to send us an email, call us or stop by for any questions regarding LEAD ELBERT!
Online Town Hall: New Leadership Program Q&A
Leadership Programs: Why are they Important?https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/1OdyJK3b7zxJHq_T436HW5YYBaCiX6a81yMdr6AEzRzZz3KjtOqG5VRCuFrge6em