The 36 hour Drivers Education course contains two parts. Students must pass both parts to receive the certificate of completion.
Part 1 – 30 hours of classroom seminars.
Part 2 – 6 Hours behind the wheel training to be completed after the completion of the 30 hour classroom lecture. Student must participate in four (4), hour and half sessions. (Student will have two weeks to complete six hours of behind the wheel training after the classroom seminars)
FOR VIRTUAL INSTRUCTION ONLY
- Access to our Blackboard Learn class portal will be provided the day of the class start date.
- Students will receive login credentials prior to the first day of class. Username and password will be sent to the email used for registration.
- Participation in class will require a laptop or computer with webcam access and microphone so that the student’s identity can be verified. Updated Google Chrome or Firefox browser is recommended. Course can be accessed with most smartphones, but ability to view slides, videos, and the “live” meetings may be restricted. Specific technical requirements are available at this link: https://blackboard.secure.force.com/btbb_exportarticlepdf?id=kAB700000008P8mGAE&pdf=true . Please be sure your student will have the technology available before confirming participation in this class. The “live” online class meetings will take place inside the Blackboard Learn portal, and students must commit to be present on all eight class evenings for the duration of the class. Class meetings will begin at 4 PM and could meet as late as 7:45 PM if needed to cover the content for that evening.
- NO ABSENCES ALLOWED for the scheduled “live” online class meetings for any reason. NO EXCEPTIONS.
How do I register for the Drivers Education Course?
- Choose the date and location of the course you want to take below.
- Download the Registration Packet and complete it.
- Return the Registration Packet with a copy of your learners permit to:
- Email packet
- Fax: 706-369-5872
- In Person: Athens Technical College Main Campus Building N