Board of Directors Nomination
We are looking for 5 new Board Members for the 2020-2023 board year. Are you interested? Here are some frequently asked questions about the Chamber Board of Directors!
What does a board member do?
A Member of the board of Directors is responsible for establishing the direction of and policy for the Chamber; promoting the Chamber; actively leading the Chamber; serving as an active member of the Chamber; serving as a common liaison and ensuring and continuing the vitality of the Chamber. Directors shall avoid conflicts of interest.
What are the requirements of a board member?
• Ensure adherence to the mission of the organization
• Attend and actively participate in all of the Board’s meetings
• When absent from a meeting, review minutes and results of the missed meeting but be aware only 3 meetings can be missed annually.
• Be prepared to participate fully in Board and committee meetings, including review of any materials beforehand.
• Serve actively on at least one committee (attend meetings and activities for that committee)
• Sponsor one board meeting annually (cost of approximately $120)
• Attend functions of the Elbert County Chamber of Commerce as representation of the Board of Directors with other board members.
What is the time commitment?
The time commitment of a Board Member is a monthly board meeting from 12:00pm to 1:00pm. Extra time commitments vary depending on the committee chosen. Each board member serves on a 3 year term.
Do i have to serve on a committee?
Yes! Each Board Member is asked to serve on one of our five committees.
Camera Ready Committee: Establish a committee to provide as a network of resources for film projects in Elbert County.
Community Pride Committee: Promote our Chamber and members in any way possible.
Education Committee: Communicate with member businesses to see what the needs are in the business community and then find creative solutions to fulfill those needs.
Events Committee: Work with other teams to help brainstorm, organize, and execute successful events.
Tourism Committee: Work with Elberton, Bowman, and the County to collect data, introduce new tourism ideas, and market current assets.
Can i nominate someone else?
Yes! Any member in good standing can nominate themselves or any other member also in good standing.
How do i become a board member?
Fill out the form below!